Quick detail of nightfire vvc

Are you pleased with a close up section of paintwork? Maybe you're a wiz with virtual modding (Photoshop). Show us here.
Maxfly

Quick detail of nightfire vvc

Post by Maxfly »

I say quick but still took me 3 hours, although I am horrendously slow at detailing. After a quick wipe over with quik detailer I went over the whole car with megs compound and paid more attention to the worst areas - bumper had cloudiness in the middle and winds are marked from a liquid spill of, I suspect brake fluid. Once buffed off I used dodo juice purple haze. I know it's for darker coloured cars but hey it was in the cupboard and I like it for ease of use. Results below, very pleased as paint was flat and had no depth to it at all. I could have spent much longer on it but time as always is in short supply.

Pickford

Re: Quick detail of nightfire vvc

Post by Pickford »

looking good fella nightfire always looks good with some wax on
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)
Maxfly

Post by Maxfly »

Pickford wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:42 am looking good fella nightfire always looks good with some wax on
Cheers :D aye it really is a cracking colour but tbh a lot of Rovers colours are the more you look at them and compare to other makers ranges of the time. 8-)
Nightfire and it's replacement Firefrost are definitely right up on my list of favorite colours 👍
DevonMetro

Post by DevonMetro »

Looks fantastic! I would love to have the time and enthusiasm to do mine but living down a farm track in winter it’s not worth the effort!
"But it's only a Metro!
Maxfly

Post by Maxfly »

DevonMetro wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm Looks fantastic! I would love to have the time and enthusiasm to do mine but living down a farm track in winter it’s not worth the effort!
Thanks :) aye, farm tracks don't lend themselves to clean cars at the best of times far less during winter
111SLi

Post by 111SLi »

I love this car, just so smart.

Maybe some genuine Rover mud flaps or GTi spats colour coded on the rear?
Maxfly

Post by Maxfly »

111SLi wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 pm I love this car, just so smart.

Maybe some genuine Rover mud flaps or GTi spats colour coded on the rear?
Thanks! Those are both good ideas actually, think I will keep an eye out for them. Had thought about mudflaps but not the spats.
DevonMetro

Post by DevonMetro »

Maxfly wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 pm
DevonMetro wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm Looks fantastic! I would love to have the time and enthusiasm to do mine but living down a farm track in winter it’s not worth the effort!
Thanks :) aye, farm tracks don't lend themselves to clean cars at the best of times far less during winter
Just looking at this again and i think i'm going to have to treat myself to a bit of time with the car giving it a clean and taking some photos. That way when it is covered in mud i can look back and remember what it looks like underneath!
"But it's only a Metro!
Maxfly

Post by Maxfly »

DevonMetro wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:33 pm
Maxfly wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 pm
Just looking at this again and i think i'm going to have to treat myself to a bit of time with the car giving it a clean and taking some photos. That way when it is covered in mud i can look back and remember what it looks like underneath!

Good idea lol.
I like a manky car now and again, mine was absolutely howlin after 300 odd mile on heavily salted roads, couldn't even make out the rear number page. A wash today and good hose out of the arches to get rid of the metal eating crap got her clean again