PLEASE HELP!

Want something for your Metro? Post it here
Broom1990

PLEASE HELP!

Post by Broom1990 »

Hi picking up my metro next week. It is a mk2 1989 2 door.

It had no seats in it not even the runners.

I am looking to put some nice bucket seats in. But don’t no what is the best way to go about doing it with having no runners in the car to start with.

Does anybody have any suggestions.

Or any nice seats for sale that will bolt right in

Thanks people
OliverMETROmk1

Re: PLEASE HELP!

Post by OliverMETROmk1 »

I have a mk2 5 door L metro for my first car. I just have the standard seats in it. I found that some bucket seats and bucket recliners are too big for the car and cover the seatbelt holsters. Best thing to do is to buy some front seats with runners. and I have seen some metros with the sparco evolution bucket seats in them. You just have to watch out for leg room and how high the bucket seats will sit you. You will need some runners for a metro though. And they will probably need some holes drilling in them for the bucket seat bolts. Hope this helps
Broom1990

Post by Broom1990 »

Thank you for the reply.

I will keep an eye out for some seats with runners.

I have been told maybe making a frame for some buckets seats could be an easy option as the figment on the floor is pretty straight forward
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

I have an a-series with a sparco seat in it. this seat is solid mounted and doesn't move (I dont grow any more and its the only seat so dont need to move it). I have made the mounting brackets my self out of big angle iron pointing downwards so that I will fit in there with a helmet on. the sparco seat and brackets fits nicely between the mounting posts.

normal metro seats have the runners built in, so you could pickup a cheap and worn out seat and cut the runners off that.
Broom1990

Post by Broom1990 »

Thanks for the reply would it possible to send me some pictures of your seat setup please
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

Broom1990 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm Thanks for the reply would it possible to send me some pictures of your seat setup please
I will have a look to see if I can find pictures or take some.
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

Broom1990 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm Thanks for the reply would it possible to send me some pictures of your seat setup please
here are some pictures