mk1 Austin Metro Front fog lamp switch (Rare) GAE 226

Seen anything interesting on eBay or the net? Post it here
Metromartin

mk1 Austin Metro Front fog lamp switch (Rare) GAE 226

Post by Metromartin »

very rare item for the mk1 Metro owners, OEM front fog lamp switch to go in the blank on the fusebox. part number GAE 226
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-metro- ... Sw2gxYxyRf
DotMatrix

Re: mk1 Austin Metro Front fog lamp switch (Rare) GAE 226

Post by DotMatrix »

I always wondered what that extra spot in the switch panel was for :) nice. I have never seen front fog lamps on an a-series before.
Metromartin

Post by Metromartin »

DotMatrix wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 am I always wondered what that extra spot in the switch panel was for :) nice. I have never seen front fog lamps on an a-series before.
Very rare Unipart optional extra! Very few people requested it. I think the wiring may be there already for them to the side indicator. I fitted the switch in my mk1 and it lights up when operated and the side lights are on! just need to find the front fog lamps now!
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

Metromartin wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:19 pm
DotMatrix wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 am I always wondered what that extra spot in the switch panel was for :) nice. I have never seen front fog lamps on an a-series before.
Very rare Unipart optional extra! Very few people requested it. I think the wiring may be there already for them to the side indicator. I fitted the switch in my mk1 and it lights up when operated and the side lights are on! just need to find the front fog lamps now!
it cant be too often they come up for sale :)
there are two plugs which is unused in my mk1 next to the expansion bottle. perhaps that is the wires that the button turn on and off.
I wonder where the original front fog lamps mount to.
Metromartin

Post by Metromartin »

DotMatrix wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 pm
Metromartin wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:19 pm
it cant be too often they come up for sale :)
there are two plugs which is unused in my mk1 next to the expansion bottle. perhaps that is the wires that the button turn on and off.
I wonder where the original front fog lamps mount to.
I think a hole was drilled in the metal bumper and the front fog lamps hung from it. I hope those unused connectors are used for it! I do have an old mk1 metro body loom, I might traced them back to find out :)