Extended stub axles for coilovers

For Sale adverts go here
Artstu

Extended stub axles for coilovers

Post by Artstu »

Alan on the Midas forum has had some A-series Metro spec extended stub axles made for the Midas that uses coil-overs as standard.
They're £100 delivered and include new nuts and washers.

The thread can be found here http://midasownersclub.co.uk/forums/vie ... =54&t=2761
t3gav

Re: Extended stub axles for coilovers

Post by t3gav »

Shame he doesn't make them for K series :/
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

t3gav wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 10:08 am Shame he doesn't make them for K series :/
are you sure that there is a difference? (other than the type of locknut used)
Artstu

Post by Artstu »

t3gav wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 10:08 am Shame he doesn't make them for K series :/
I'm fairly sure it is the nut and thread that are the only difference, they can be made to suit if required, but given the so far limited demand he'd need a few buyers interested to do K-series specific ones.
Also It could well be the case that most Metro owners may not want the damper as far inboard as it is on a Midas, especially for those only wanting to add dampers to their cars.
Artstu

Post by Artstu »

I've been informed the thread is 16 mm, so not really A-series spec, so they're more K-series spec than A-series.
t3gav

Post by t3gav »

Artstu wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 12:19 pm
I'm fairly sure it is the nut and thread that are the only difference, they can be made to suit if required, but given the so far limited demand he'd need a few buyers interested to do K-series specific ones.
Also It could well be the case that most Metro owners may not want the damper as far inboard as it is on a Midas, especially for those only wanting to add dampers to their cars.
Ah yes they do look further inboard, which end is 16mm thread, damper end? Anyone re drilled Superfins for Metro PCD?
Artstu

Post by Artstu »

t3gav wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm Ah yes they do look further inboard, which end is 16mm thread, damper end? Anyone re drilled Superfins for Metro PCD?
The hub nut end is 16 mm, the damper end is 1/2" UNF, I got some new sleeves with mine to replace the 3/8" damper sleeve. Outstanding quality bespoke parts.