E reg, 998 City, electronic ignition. Died and no spark.

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Dadllfixit

E reg, 998 City, electronic ignition. Died and no spark.

Post by Dadllfixit »

Hi, hope you can help. E reg Metro city started and ran lumpy. Having been fine 24hrs before. Died along the road. When recovered checked the plugs. Damp, definitely got fuel and air. Checked for spark. No spark on number 1, or 2, 3, 4.
Checked all the connections. All HT leads tight, all LT cons good. Gapped the plugs, tried no change.
Continuity checked LT all good. Voltage checked, LT, battery voltage everywhere it was expected. Disi cap removed and checked slightly burnt but not bad. This model has electronic ignition. No points to check.
Doing the easy stuff first, new plugs, new leads, new disi cap, new rotor arm and and new coil. Still not fixed. Still no spark.
I'm guessing that it's either an electronic ignition fault or worse. The Cobra immobiliser.
Stuck as what to do now. Help please.
Dave VVC

Re: E reg, 998 City, electronic ignition. Died and no spark.

Post by Dave VVC »

If its got the black module on the side of the Dizzy, Its prob that,
they are well known for it.
Dadllfixit

Re: E reg, 998 City, electronic ignition. Died and no spark.

Post by Dadllfixit »

@Dave VVC, thanks for the reply.
No module on the side of the dizzy. Just the vacuum advance and a red and black wire exiting. Red wire goes to coil LV +ive, black wire goes to white black on a single spade line connector.
Other than the checks I've done and the replacement parts I've not moved or disconnected anything.
Any further suggestions?