6 Spoke Alloys Fit

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
AlunReynolds

6 Spoke Alloys Fit

Post by AlunReynolds »

Hi

I have a set of 5 off genuine Rover 6 spoke 13 inch alloys. When I tried to fit them, the central hole in the wheel was too small to fit over the centre of the hub on my R registered Rover 100 Ascot SE. Does anyone know if these are supposed to fit without modification or do they perhaps need spacers?

Any help will be much appreciated.

If I cannot get them to fit, I will be selling them. Four of them are newly, professionally refurbished and I am in the process of making replacement alloy centre caps to finish them off.

Regards
Alun
DotMatrix

Re: 6 Spoke Alloys Fit

Post by DotMatrix »

if its the alloys I think it is there shouldn't be a problem fitting them. there can be a need for spacers if running vented disks.

take a look at: https://www.metropower.info/how-to-guid ... nformation
Pickford

Re: 6 Spoke Alloys Fit

Post by Pickford »

IIRC ascot se would have solid rather than vented. If the alloys are genuine then in theory they should fit maybe the brakes are aftermarket and the centre bore is wrong?
As dotmatrix says if your brakes are vented you will need spacers, these are 3mm thick and available from ebay.
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)