Floor pans now available

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Northernstar002

Floor pans now available

Post by Northernstar002 »

Imagine my surprise to find, after being being mildly bantered when I asked about the supply of floor pans a few months ago, to find that there's a company on ebay currently selling them: http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/classiccarp ... _nkw=metro&

I immediately bought a LH and RH set.

My question, though, is what the part number is for the curved supports that fit under the floor pans are? These curve towards the engine bay. I cant seem to find these anywhere either. There is a chap called Theo Isaak on Facebook who runs Lemix autoparts in Greece. He used to have them but needs to know the part number or have a picture. Can anyone help?
DotMatrix

Re: Floor pans now available

Post by DotMatrix »

I know which one you mean, but dont know its part number sorry. take a picture of yours and send it to him if you want.

I know of him and have spoken to him a few times. I find his prices expensive many times.
Northernstar002

Post by Northernstar002 »

Hi,
If only I could take a pic of mine - but it would look very much like crusty brown flakes in a dustpan :)

Fortunately a good friend met on the internet by the name of Ben of 5004 Preparation fame sent me pics of his. I sent them to Theo and he identified them as part number AFP1534 (in case anyone needs to know for future ref). It includes the jacking point too by the looks of it 114 euros, not sure if that includes duty and postage.

Do you think they're needed? Do they add strength and support to the floor pan, in addition to providing a jack point?
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

oh yeah the jacking point and the lengthwise strengthening panels underneath the front floor pan is needed.

the front jacking point can easily be made out of some square tubing though, its the other part that has a strange shape.
Pickford

Post by Pickford »

Ooh nice to know there's floor pans now :D
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)