Engine loom/electrics conversion help.

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
MettyMatty

Engine loom/electrics conversion help.

Post by MettyMatty »

Hi,

I used to be on the original forum but haven't posted for ages (years!) and I've forgotten most things now.

Can anyone tell me what electrics I need to convert from a metty vvc 143 (MEMS 2J) to turbo? I have set of electronic modules and ECU from a ZTT as a starting point.

Does anyone on here do loom mods anymore?

Thanks

Matt
MettyMatty

Re: Engine loom/electrics conversion help.

Post by MettyMatty »

:shock:
Surprised nobody has come back with some info here.

I've done a bit more digging and I'm told that the only option to run a MEMS3 turbo ecu on another vehicle is to do away with the BMW designed EWS3 security and the only way of doing that is through KMaps.

Does anyone else know of any other alternatives?

Thanks

Matt
MettyMatty

Post by MettyMatty »

This forum is definately not what is used to be! :(

On the old forum somebody would at least reply with some half decent information but now nothing!? :shock:

I even joined the facebook forum which is a total joke and immediately had small minded, self opinionated youngsters giving half hearted answers then giving me abuse because they couldn't string a coherent sentence together. :x

Anyway, I've gone off and done some research and after being told its not possible to run a ZT or 75 ecu or engine in metro it looks fairly easy actually. It's just not plug and play as you have to change a few sensors and adapt the rotational outputs but thats not difficult.
I also got some nonsense replies about the gearbox without a proper explanation...
The ZT/75 gearbox would be swapped for a PG1 and the idiots on facebook were trying to tell me it wasn't possible to fit a PG1 due to the different sensors. This just shows how clueless some people are! :lol:

Anyway I've had a gutfull of little lads with their big egos (you know who you are.)
IT'S A REAL SHAME THE OLD FORUM WAS LOST!

I'M DONE NOW AND WON'T BE BACK HERE.

THANKS TO THOSE WHO WERE KIND, POLITE AND COURTEOUS ON THE OLD FORUM AND NO DISRESPECT TO SOME OF THE ORIGINAL PEOPLE STILL HERE.

OVER AND OUT...
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

no nothing is ever what it used to be, but it does not help when you leave a message like this. a forum is only as good as the people that use it.