Rover 114 gti vvc conversion

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
felix

Rover 114 gti vvc conversion

Post by felix »

Hi there, im driving a metro mpi gti for a few months now and planning a 160vvc engine conversion, i have the engine, loom and ecu
The immo will be removed,

Before i change the engine i like to know the exact wire modifications because it is my daily

I have the gti wiring diagram and the zr 160 diagram, who can help my

Thanx
etrebus

Re: Rover 114 gti vvc conversion

Post by etrebus »

I would like this too for exactly the same reason
Madjohn89

Post by Madjohn89 »

After looking on the rave cd I’ve got the loom sorted now if anyone wants any help let me know and I’ll do a wiring diagram for the conversion.

I used a TF160 engine loom and the rover 100 loom spliced together to run Mems 3 but still maintain the metro bulkhead connection. I did get both sides of the loom connection for the TF160 to make a plug and play loom. If you guys are struggling I can put you in touch with some good lads who break mgs for a living and parts readily available Including the complete subframes to swap to shocks.

As it looks like most people on here are just wanting to line there pocket and not willing to offer any help on the subject unless you give them a daft amount of cash.
felix

Post by felix »

Madjohn89 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 pm After looking on the rave cd I’ve got the loom sorted now if anyone wants any help let me know and I’ll do a wiring diagram for the conversion.

I used a TF160 engine loom and the rover 100 loom spliced together to run Mems 3 but still maintain the metro bulkhead connection. I did get both sides of the loom connection for the TF160 to make a plug and play loom. If you guys are struggling I can put you in touch with some good lads who break mgs for a living and parts readily available Including the complete subframes to swap to shocks.

As it looks like most people on here are just wanting to line there pocket and not willing to offer any help on the subject unless you give them a daft amount of cash.
I would like the help with the loom please
Marksouthwales

Post by Marksouthwales »

Yup, ill be needing some help as well, got a 114 gta mpi, have a trophy 160 engine, wiring, mems 3 and sa5, waiting to go in. Just need to source all parts, before fitting as daily driver.

Im going to keep the standard gta gearbox for now, what fly wheel, clutch and starter do I need. Not got them, or exhaust manifold.

I have the pg1 gearbox that goes with above engine, but dont have the welding skills to make braket or adaptor linkage
Rover 114 Gta
MGF Trophy 160
Ex mechanic Austin, Mazda, 89-2004
South Wales MGf register, mgoc
Cake_Destroyer

Post by Cake_Destroyer »

Madjohn89 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 pm After looking on the rave cd I’ve got the loom sorted now if anyone wants any help let me know and I’ll do a wiring diagram for the conversion.

Was always the case in the past

I can convert for people, I will dig out old info see if we can get it uploaded to the site.

Next conversion i do, i will make a how-to
Jvivas

Post by Jvivas »

Hello, I have a rover 114 gti mpi, now I have bought a rover 200 vi and I want to put the engine on the 114, I need help.
-cabling
-what gearbox to put
-necessary material to adapt one to the other

thank you