Help please

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Cookiesk8

Help please

Post by Cookiesk8 »

L reg metro 1.1 missing on no3 after head gasket change but i have good compression and spark timed to safe timing mark and tdc but no change replaced rotor arm dizzy cap and plugs and leads still no change.
Any ideas would be helpful before i tear the car apart for spares ( i dont wont to do this as i want to restore it ) thanks in advance
Arron
Dave VVC

Re: Help please

Post by Dave VVC »

Is this Spi, or Mpi ?
Cookiesk8

Post by Cookiesk8 »

hi thanks for reply. it is a su carb setup.
Dave VVC

Post by Dave VVC »

I would check that no. 3 inlet manifold gasket isn't leaking, ie the gasket to head is good, no cracks or splits.
also I would advance the ign timing, as timing it to TDC may put the rotor arm out of position in relation to
the cylinder to fire, so it may fire no. 1 Cyl again as it will not be on compression, whereas no.3 will be on
compression, so more resistance for the path of the spark.
Cookiesk8

Post by Cookiesk8 »

hi thanks changed inlet gasket for new and still the same also retimed to safe checked ignition timing all spot on as far as i can tell can keep it running long enough to put light on it. looks like head back off and start again lol.

cheers arron