1.8 non vvc into 1.1 mpi 8v

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Mr Rusty

1.8 non vvc into 1.1 mpi 8v

Post by Mr Rusty »

Hi guys got a ex RAC metro wide arch. Will be nice thing when finished😳The problem I have is looms and ecu. I have just stripped mems 3 1.8 non vvc mgzs engine full loom ecu and everything else. also have a full metro 1.1 mpi 8v to use for fuel lines and loom etc . The problem I have is I want to put mpi car loom into rally car so I can keep original clocks and stalks and switches etc but looks like mems 3 engine loom won’t fit mpi body loom also MPi ECU has one plug and mems 3 has two plugs what can I do. Would appreciate it if you guys can help me put another sick metro on the road cheers👍
Pickford

Re: 1.8 non vvc into 1.1 mpi 8v

Post by Pickford »

You have to splice the zr engine loom and metro engine loom into one there's some folk that used to do them but i dont think there on here anymore have you tried the fb page? Failing that its going to be wiring diagrams and a lot of patience
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)
Mr Rusty

Re: 1.8 non vvc into 1.1 mpi 8v

Post by Mr Rusty »

Don’t do fb will have a friend have a look tho👍me and electrics don’t mix, tried talking a tape out of a video recorder once and ended up up on other side of the room.but willing to give it a go mate after all it’s just 12v. If I splice the two engine looms will I be looking to keep mems 3 ecu to run car or 1.9. Cheers mate