Rover 100 SPI to 1.8 VVC - Donor car parts

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
northsands

Rover 100 SPI to 1.8 VVC - Donor car parts

Post by northsands »

Hi all, new here. About to start on a resto/conversion project of a '96 Rover Kensington.

Short term plan is to fix the rotten rear end/holey floorpans and get it back on the road, to be followed by a 1.8 conversion and suspension/braking upgrades further down the line. I've got plenty of questions about that, but for now I've sourced a solid '98 donor car with an MPI engine. Time is of the essence as it'll not be around much longer, so need to figure out which bits I need from it to help with the eventual conversion.

Bits I had listed already (correct me if I'm wrong):

- Fuel Pipes & Fuel Filter Housing
- Fuel Pump (tank on mine is rusted so I'll probably take the complete one from the donor)
- Engine Loom
- Accelerator Cable

Anything else? Car is mostly complete, and an R reg, so definitely an MPI? Here's a pic of mine...

minorconfusion

Re: Rover 100 SPI to 1.8 VVC - Donor car parts

Post by minorconfusion »

i would seriously consider breaking this for parts and finding a fresh shell. there are plenty of good cars about still and its not like there worth loads when restored..
northsands

Post by northsands »

The shell is just about back together now, I'm fond of a challenge. Still after confirmation of parts as per original post - can anyone help? Thanks!
Wibblyp

Post by Wibblyp »

Fair play to you for restoring that one. MPi loom, fuel pump, ecu, etc. Not a great hardship with consideration to what you already saved from the worm.