Cigarette lighter retro fit

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
jeffandjane

Cigarette lighter retro fit

Post by jeffandjane »

Hi
Looking to fit a cigarette lighter to my 1996 1.1 3 door Knightsbridge. It has the rear wash wipe, so I assume the wires should be in situ as per the "How to guide", but your guide shows the cigarette lighter fitted to the left of the ashtray, however I have the hazard warning light switch located there, with the blanking plate for the cigarette lighter to the right of the ashtray. Will the wire reach across to the right hand side of the ashtray, or is the wire located behind the air vent, to the right of the radio? Many thanks
Pickford

Re: Cigarette lighter retro fit

Post by Pickford »

should do but if not just extend them a bit.
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)
jeffandjane

Post by jeffandjane »

Many thanks, but the wires will still be behind the left air vent?
Pickford

Post by Pickford »

as far as I am aware yes the wires are in the same place
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)
Metromartin

Post by Metromartin »

jeffandjane wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm Hi
Looking to fit a cigarette lighter to my 1996 1.1 3 door Knightsbridge. It has the rear wash wipe, so I assume the wires should be in situ as per the "How to guide", but your guide shows the cigarette lighter fitted to the left of the ashtray, however I have the hazard warning light switch located there, with the blanking plate for the cigarette lighter to the right of the ashtray. Will the wire reach across to the right hand side of the ashtray, or is the wire located behind the air vent, to the right of the radio? Many thanks
The rear wiper is mentioned on the mk3 Metro years 1990 to 1994 if you have a rear wiper, you will Cigarette lighter wiring too as Rover only made two spec dash wiring looms, a basic one, and a high spec loom, even if not all functions were fitted.

As you have a rover 100 (mk4 or mark 4, or generation 4), it is more pot luck what dash loom you have, if you dont have a digital clock near the speedo it is unlikely to have the wiring for the Cigarette lighter fitted,

how ever you can fit the whole dash loom from a high spec Rover 100 with Cigarette lighter,
this will also give you the digital clock power wire too, and half of the rev counter wire.
The dash wiring loom disconnects from the fusebox and is separate to the rest of the main body loom so you can swap the basic dash loom on your rover 100 with a high spec rover 100 dash loom to gain the power for it (and illumination).
the dash loom is dis connectable from the fusebox so you can remove a metro/rover 100 dash complete without dismantling the dials and electrics. The fusebox is the same on all variants of Rover 100 and Rover Metro models.

Hope this helps.