998 mk2

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
DotMatrix

Re: 998 mk2

Post by DotMatrix »

the original water pipe had started leaking so I found a used pipe and cleaned and painted it. didn't have any new hose clips unfortunately

DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

mainly routine work have been going on with this car since the last update.
changed the tank air vent, clogged petrol filter, worn out indicator arm and regreased the rear brakes

DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

so today the alternator gave up. as you can see in the picture the charge warning light was on even though the engine is running. I changed the alternator and the new one was charging 14 volt as the second picture shows.

DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

always many small things to do on this car :)
today I looked at the suspension as I wasn't happy with the way it drove and I found one ball joint, a cv-joint gaiter and seals needed changing in the right hand front corner. changed it all and it now drives much better.

DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

I am building a new engine for this car. the current one is getting tyres and uses and leaks quite a bit of oil.

the new one is being renovated in every way I can think of so hopefully it will be very good :)

OliverMETROmk1

Post by OliverMETROmk1 »

Have you got any pictures of the actual car as I have a mk2 998 L in the same colours as yours
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

OliverMETROmk1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:52 pm Have you got any pictures of the actual car as I have a mk2 998 L in the same colours as yours
have a scroll through the thread. on page 1 and 2 there are pictures of the car from the outside.