Moreys 160 VVC Mk3 rep

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
Morey

Re: Moreys 160 VVC Mk3 rep

Post by Morey »

The B-pillar covers came from a member off here, i think they exist on some luxurious models and maybe a few gti's/gta's? I have them on the car now: Image Image I have also re-done my A-pillar covers: Image Image Also found a rover 25 mirror and added it, i can see everything now! Image PLUS: these bits are drying as of now! can you see: Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Skirts were a bastard to get perfect: Image Image This heat gun assisted me greatly on time, and hardening that paint! Image but here they are, smooth as a varnish table! ImageImage Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Gave the car a good clean and polish today. I bet some of you will be glad to know that i have now removed something from the rear! Image Image Image It got mouldy and if any of you dont know what im talking about. here: Image More cleaness: Image Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

THE SKIRTS ARE FINALLY ON! (i am pretty sure that is the last thing that needs painting on my car!) Heres a collection of todays images: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Oh and the most important thing: Fuel!: Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

More bits ive done this weekend: Bought some alpines for a total of 6 quid, brand new! Fitted them by going through the how to guide, its spot on and works a dream! Image Image Kicking out clearer tunes now, not so much worried about bass. But it does a good job! Also i FINALLY received my induction elbow... It needed trimming down so it could fit to the side of the carbon dust box. But other than that, it makes the car sound 1000x more throaty and healthier. Just in case you didnt know how i had it before: Image Image Image Image Image

Might be the next thing to be sprayed then! (and i thought i was finnished, damn you pandy!) Look what arrived in the post today! Image Image Image Only problem is, i really
cant be bothered to find out what pin powers what, and what wires to steal power from etc... Im guessing the guide wont work for my mk4 p reg?

Thanks mate. I suppose this day was coming where i'd have to show you the rust situation on my car... Image The other side is basically mint. And i blast each arch with waxoyl every few months. i also spray directly into the crack you see there.

Image Treating myself with my halfrauds voucher.... Bits i got from ding as i have new plans for my doors! Image Image Image ^ ^ ^ Ciggy Lighter/glove box light loom! + Stuff im collecting ready for central locking currently: both front actuators, both door looms. The rest im waiting for ding to get his ass in gear! :D

Cleaned my engine bay good and proper, notice the header tank is missing... This is currently bathing in bleach and oven cleaner. then going in the dishwasher! hopefully it will be gleaming if not i give up. Image Image Image

Before: Image After: Image Image Look what arrived in the post today: Image Something else that needs spraying, but i need your opinions on this people. i was thinking - white originally, to contrast with the gloss black bumper; i realise that this will be more susceptible to dirt and damage. Or just gloss black to make the car look more factory?
Morey

Post by Morey »

Havent done much recently, current task atm is to try and get my central locking hooked up before longbridge, something that i have fook all motivation for LOL anyway! cerbera's spats arrived a few days back, need a good clean and a respray and then to be fitted! Image Image

Havent done much recently, current task atm is to try and get my central locking hooked up before longbridge, something that i have fook all motivation for LOL anyway! cerbera's spats arrived a few days back, need a good clean and a respray and then to be fitted! Image Image

CENTRAL LOCKING DAY 1! Havent quite finnished yet, kept hitting wall after wall of problems and querys but managed to get the 5as plug sorted, one door loom in and the wiring tidied up planning to get boot loom sorted and the other door then wait for my maplins motors in the post. central locking pics: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

central locking day 2! Image Image Image my mate got a good picture of me chilling with a kit kat chunky LOL Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Put my splitter on yesterday, bit of a gap in the middle but im not fussy! Image Image Image

low low low (nose diving front end :S waiting on nuts and valves to sort out the *low on fluid cans* :wacko: Image Finnished the central locking today and it works a dream! i fooking love being able to walk away from my car and lock it not walk around each door and lock it :D Image also wired up my glove box lamp all in a few hours :D Image Image

p.s sprayed my gti spats today (might be on the car for PoL) not sure Image

Now photobucket has fixed my page i can update my journal. YAY Quick spiders contribution to modify my car ;) were a bargain. Image Image

oh ANNNNDDDD Spats on and MGZR steering wheel! Image Image Image Image

Haven't had an update since forever, so here's what has been occurring since i last updated. I got these from ralph, first of the new *improved* nuts and valves :D Image Finished painting my callipers, unsure of what the colour will look like behind the wheel but it is good enough for now Image Image Image And Elitetro got these to me ASAP and i fitted them a few days later. Image Image you all probably thinking im aiming for a GTI rep, which i am. but with a few mods of my own added in. Mutts got the awesome sticker to me eventually, very busy man :) Image Also it was my birthday on the 5th, got some tools and a tool box :D Image More updates to come :)
Morey

Post by Morey »

thanks mate, forgot to add this one, my mate caught me doing my seatbelts. he named it, "One man and his Metro" Image

Thanks Miles, Not much of an update but looked what arrived in the post today from Jon8oy! Image Image will get round to sorting out the suspension properly soon, lowered I reckon 10mm all round and individualised with ARB'S should be a lot better than the boat im driving atm!

long time no update, so before i head off to glastonbury festival i managed to discover a blowing exhaust, so a new downpipe is in order. not bad for 27 quid inc. VAT. also, try and guess what is happening in this picture: (clue is in there somewhere) Image winner gets a cookie. ok and this is what followed: Image Image Image Image It has made the rear so much more perky now its shocking. instead of the floppy ass it always has been. cant wait to lower it :D (yes i did service my brakes whilst i had the hubs off :P) Also, i have dyed my headlining black with special fabric spray, looks good. pics to come. + have aqquired a gti thicker pile carpet, which is going black aswell - with the same stuff.-

Soooooo then, the car has been its lightest since it left the factory. Seats and Carpet have been stripped out, i am in the progress of installing I.C.E: Image ImageImage Image peeling back the carpet i feared for the worst, but i was so pleased to find no rust ANYWHERE on the floors. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image So the car is currently 2 seats up with no carpet, im waiting for; some more cables sound proofing (silentcoat) and some free time to put it all in.
Morey

Post by Morey »

long time no update, been busy with work and the the zr 160. ok, so bit delayed but finally a picture of the roof lining: Image Also, whilst replacing my downpipe i put on my front roll bar! :D Image Image] (yes i know its got rubber bushes aswell as poly bushes. i forgot to get 2 sets so sue me!! also, redone my door bits black, as the white looked crap and frankly i didnt even do it properly first time round! Image also, cant decided whether to do my spats white in matching with the paintwork so they stand out: Image can anyone do me a photoshop on that pic of the spats white? Image

Ok! After a very successful metro meet on the 20th of august. here is a favourite shot of mine, but of course. OF MY CAR! lol :) Image DSC_0767 by MetroMorey, on Flickr ANYWAY! i did get round to lowering my car and here are a few pics of the journey of swear words. I HAVE YET to get a picture of how it sits at the moment, as it needs some adjusting, because its nose diving! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image So next few days ill upload a finnished picture!
Morey

Post by Morey »

sneaky peak at what the future holds! really pleased with them! Image Image Image Image Image :bowling:

Thanks for all the comments guys. BIG CHANGE. digging up this post from 4 pages back makes me think that i havent touched the car in a while. Truth is that i have had to re-seal the suspension and also sort out other mechanical issues for the MOT end of this month. -blowing exhaust -leaking hydragas -tracking -leaking break cylinder anywho here is what i have sneakly done: Image DSCF5965 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image DSCF5967 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image DSCF5969 by MetroMorey, on Flickr So then my question is now, remove side rubbing strips and paint spats white? also make the spoiler tip white? Image DSCF5970 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image DSCF5968 by MetroMorey, on Flickr YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE GENTLEMEN!