Moreys 160 VVC Mk3 rep

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
Morey

Re: Moreys 160 VVC Mk3 rep

Post by Morey »

Update: Image DSCF5974 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image DSCF5973 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image DSCF5972 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

Spats are now on the metro! Image DSCF5990 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image DSCF5991 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image DSCF5992 by MetroMorey, on Flickr A little problem i had, which is now sorted. Image DSCF5987 by MetroMorey, on Flickr A picture of me in my car... because there hasnt been one yet. lol Image DSCF5985 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

WOW. The car has been left alone for a while, just been driving it really. HOWEVER! I've got an engine, and a few bits to add to the car :) Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImage All my various bits and pieces that are slowly taking over the garage lol Image Image Image New Tyres. :D Image Image I eventually got a picture of my car without the rubbing strips :D Image One funny one to finnish. Image Whats your guys opinions on the state of the head? I mean to me it looks alright. but i truely have no idea whether the head gasket has been changed already.
Morey

Post by Morey »

Spent a few hours today removing the 10 years worth of shit that had built up on the engine, the result is so great i dont think ill bother painting it! By far the best oil removing cleaner i've ever used. (We use it in the chip shop to remove the oil from the fryers. lol) Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Stay tuned for more engine cleaning, gearbox removal + possible gasket changes here and there....

Image Image Image :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you all :) heres a few more i took: Image Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Update: Currently acquiring bits and pieces for the conversion... (that would take place for a very long time, so dont get your hopes up lol!) recently got: mgf tie bar and quick spiders subframe mount. Image Image Might not be to everyones taste but, i got bored and but a bit of vinyl on my car! Image Image Also got my smoked indicators on, AT LAST! Image Image Finally now its starting to warm up i gave the block a lick of VHT aluminium coloured paint, and i have also sprayed the inlet manifold black, cause it looks neater. (and the throttle body silver :) ) Image Image Please let me know what you guys think! Plans are: - Get all engine,gearbox mounts. - Take off the gearbox and change the clutch. - change all belts, pump, thermostat, plugs, oil and filters. - Paint gearbox
Morey

Post by Morey »

How not to weld! Image Image driver side went alot better than the passenger lol! with no guidance at all, i am not surprised my first weld was so shit! lol primed and painted! Image

New steering wheel, thanks to Tom! Image Image Also repainted my spoiler as my first job was shit: Halfway mark: Image Image Image Also got hold of the MGF sump mount. thanks to itsonlyme! Image

LOOOOONNNNNNGGG TIME nothing has happened! but i did fit my new wings from pietaster, they were in much better condition that mine, but need a touch up here and there. anyway, old ones: Image Image Image Image NEW ONES: Image Image Image Image As you can see the old wing has done some damage to the a pilla because it was positioned incorrectly but now the shut lines are as perfect as i could get them! fitted a new exhaust FINALLY because it was the only thing letting the car down... but here it is, a cherrybomb from minimadcraig. Image Image

New addition to the engine bay!

SAM_0212 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0211 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0214 by MetroMorey, on Flickr
Surprisingly it makes the revs alot more free it seems!

i did however manage to strip a thread putting it on, need to re-thread it. How would i do that?
Morey

Post by Morey »

not much to mention, put some white wing mirrors on. Prefer them white looks more 'flush'.
SAM_0223 by MetroMorey, on Flickr
SAM_0224 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

Few Pics of my car, took a polisher to it today, then waxed it. Took me hours!

SAM_0273 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0252 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0238 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0257 by MetroMorey, on Flickr
Morey

Post by Morey »

New brakes on the tro!

my god they are mentally good!

Also... drained the only and got the head off the 160 with some guidance and elbow grease from minimunky!

SAM_0230 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0231 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

HAD A LITTLE BOO-BOO lol (emptied the master cylinder just by forgetting that i left the bleed nipple out...)

SAM_0232 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0229 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0233 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

(didn't get any pictures of the other side, forgot to take some... however it was all good in the hood. not a problem anywhere!)

Had the waterpump off today, and also took some pics of the head and the bottom half of the engine.

SAM_0280 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0281 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0282 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0283 by MetroMorey, on Flickr
Morey

Post by Morey »

The biggest brainfooking brainfook twisted knotted ballaching shitting electric windows in the world!

SAM_0284 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0285 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0286 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

SAM_0287 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

Fitted new waterpump to the 160 Image SAM_0300 by MetroMorey, on Flickr also prepping my subframe arms and mounts for gearbox, clutch cable etc for some hammerite.(cheaper than powedercoating) found a tiny hairline split next to one of the bolt holes on the engine mounting arm so have welded it up to prevent any progress of the split.
Morey

Post by Morey »

So with the great knowledge and generosity of minimunky, thursday we took to take the head to pieces essentially. We changed the cam seals and he even had the balls to take apart my vvc mech and show me how it works, all put back together and timed up perfectly. we then changed the headgasket and also fitted the cambelt. All that is left to do is get a thermostat and fit that, torque the headbolts up and double check everything. i reassembled half the engine when minimunky left me and gave it a clean so it looks shiny lol! Image SAM_0329 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0325 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0326 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0328 by MetroMorey, on Flickr
Morey

Post by Morey »

Yesterday my Head gasket went kaboom, in style. Header tank brimmed with oil of the chocolate variety! Image 2012-09-18 08.52.32 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image 2012-09-18 08.52.26 by MetroMorey, on Flickr

Me and minimunky managed to get the engines swapped over :D just waiting on the loom, need to mod the exhaust, the gear linkage and also the tie bar because it doesnt quite line up with the bracket that we welded to the subframe! (will be nice and strong) other little jobs left to do: - find the missing bolts/nuts - find a pg1 gearbox mount bolt sleeve to mount it correctly - Reassemble everything - Fit alternator - get another fob coded up - fit the 5as and ECU - fill the gearbox with oil - get oil, plugs and a filter - turn the key. Image SAM_0444 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0445 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0446 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0447 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0448 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0453 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0455 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0458 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0459 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0461 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0462 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0463 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0465 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0466 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0469 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0470 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0471 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0472 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Note is this last picture how im missing the sleeve for the gearbox mount, making the bolt not fill the whole within the bush.
Morey

Post by Morey »

All in and finnished and runs spot on, no issues by a few teething problems and a leaky inlet. OH AND FOOK ITS FAST! Here some pics of how the car is now and will remain to be for a long long time! lol Image SAM_0504 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0508 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0512 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0517 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0519 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0520 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0523 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0524 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0530 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0535 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0536 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0537 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0538 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0541 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0542 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0548 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0551 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0554 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0566 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0567 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0568 by MetroMorey, on Flickr P.S check out my sunvisors my girlfriend re-upholstered in black suede! :D Image SAM_0525 by MetroMorey, on Flickr Image SAM_0527 by MetroMorey, on Flickr