No wonder this section is so short

Seen a nice Metro? Want to know if it's a member of MetroPower? Here's the place to ask! Please give good details - example colour, model, year & location
Re-Carbed

No wonder this section is so short

Post by Re-Carbed »

I've been using my Rover Metro as a daily driver for about 18 months now, and have never seen another Metro at all. My Metro is one of 34 remaining on the road of its type. No wonder though eh? for such a small and simple car, it needs constant maintenance to keep rust and wear at bay. Not complaining as I like it, and there isn't really a modern equivalent. Wonder whose basic 1.1 will be last on the road....I'm in with a 1/34 shot.
MetroLand

Re: No wonder this section is so short

Post by MetroLand »

Re-Carbed, what is your model?
I have been using my M-reg 1.1 MK3 Spi June 2016 till Nov when I had an issue, then my 1998 MK2 from Nov till June this year when the MoT ran out. Now I am back in the fixed M-reg.
Here in West Yorkshire there are a few mainly MK3 and R100s. I usually see a Kingfisher Blue Kensington and there is a red GTA that crps up from time to time.
Oh, and a silver MK1 MG Metro that is owned by a classic car garage.
Pickford

Post by Pickford »

I know of the red gta it's got a private plate on it and if the kingfisher one has black wheels on that will have been me.
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)
Re-Carbed

Post by Re-Carbed »

MetroLand wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:07 am Re-Carbed, what is your model?
I have been using my M-reg 1.1 MK3 Spi June 2016 till Nov when I had an issue, then my 1998 MK2 from Nov till June this year when the MoT ran out. Now I am back in the fixed M-reg.
Here in West Yorkshire there are a few mainly MK3 and R100s. I usually see a Kingfisher Blue Kensington and there is a red GTA that crps up from time to time.
Oh, and a silver MK1 MG Metro that is owned by a classic car garage.
[/quote

It's a 1993 1.1 carb basic Rover Metro in the Austin Metro style. There are pictures of "The box" on the "Member's journals" section of this forum.

Just changed the timing belt BTW and it wasn;t as difficult as I expected. Last source of potential unreliability removed.
Re-Carbed

Post by Re-Carbed »

Oops - according to "How many left" the number of my model left has reduced by 2 to 32 licensed during the last quarter. So less chance still of seeing one.