Rust proofing your Metro with Krown
Protect. Maintain. Save. Krown Rust Control provide an overview of how their treatment can help preserve your car.
Krown rustproofing is known to be the next-generation rustproofing method and it is used in vast variety of industrial applications, such as lorries, trailers, special machinery and even steel bridges. Moreover - all Canadian military vehicles are being treated with T40 product right on the production line.
Krown rust inhibitor T40 is developed by a Canadian company over 30 years ago. This inhibitor is used in our rustproofing centres with specifically designed tools to reach all internal structures of the vehicle.
How does it work?
The Krown rust inhibitor has advantages over other rustproofing products – the inhibitor does not dry and therefore is able to penetrate deep into spot welds and over-folded joints of the vehicle. It appears as a very thin, colorless and odorless oil, it clings to the surface and turns into a semi-jelly like substance, but it does not dry and it remains on the surface as a very thin layer. Krown T40 rust inhibitor creeps deep into crevices, spot welds and penetrates deep into any existing rust and stops it so this cannot rust any further.
Since the product is oily, it lubricates all mechanical parts, such as windshield wiper mechanism, window winders, locks, hinges, brake callipers and cables and all suspension parts. It also penetrates all nuts and bolts, making any future repair works easier.
The product is designed dielectric, therefore it can be used on electrical plugs and connections, preventing corrosion and loss of connection. Krown rust inhibitor can be applied over any other previously used rustproofing products, such as Waxoyl or Dinitrol with no harm.
What is the Krown rust proofing process?
- Vehicle will be lifted onto our ramp for inspection for preparation prior to treatment. In general, the Krown rust proofing method requires very little preparation and if needed.
- We will wash your vehicle underside with a hot jet to remove any excess dirt and/or loose rust.
- Using specialized Krown designed tools, we spray all internal cavities with our hot rust inhibitor. Our spray guns and rods then finely mist the inhibitor so that it can reach deep into the cavities where other rustproofing products would not otherwise reach. We treat all internal and external suspension arms and sub frames.
- The sills and all box sections underneath of the vehicle are reached using factory holes and removing grommets. We spray wheel arches and behind the plastic wheel liners. In order to reach rear wheel arches and quarter panels, occasionally we might need to remove rear lights or the boot liner.
- All doors are sprayed with a rod specifically designed for use with the doors. We are able to reach behind the wings through openings around headlights and front door. All hinges, door locks, latches, fuel filler, wiring loom, battery terminals, external plastic trim and bumper joints are treated with a special short spray rod.
- This full Krown treatment gives vehicle a full inhibitor coverage over all internal surfaces and therefore the ultimate protection from rust and lubricates all mechanic parts, electrical connections.
- At the end, we would wash your vehicle to remove any excess inhibitor and over spray mist from exterior panels. All excess inhibitor is wiped away from door apertures and around boot lid and bonnet.
How much does it cost?
Krown offer a 15% discount to all Metropower members. Please mention Metropower when making your booking to be eligible.
Our pricing is very simple, underside treatment is £132 up to van size vehicles.
Full Krown T40 treatments:
- Small car (old mini, Metro & old Fiesta size) £192
- Average car (Rover 75 size) £252
- Large car (Transit, 4x4, SUV) £322
All prices are including VAT.