Image by David Collins
GTi side skirts
Side skirts from a Rover Metro GTi can be added to give a sporting look to your car.
55Difficulty4Tools required5Time required5PriceParts needed
- Pair of GTi side skirts
- Masking tape
- Screws with washers
- Stick a stretch of masking tape along the bottom edge of the sill as shown by the blue lines in the picture
- Now get a friend to hold your skirts against the car so you can mark on the masking tape with a pen where all the holes are to be drilled.
- Note one of the arrows is red, this is because there is a share screw here which is on all models but on the GTi is also used to hold the front end of the skirt in place, using this saves drilling a awkward hole! For the one rear screw you sadly have to remove the rear wheels to gain access!
- Now you have marked all the screw locations you now need to drill a hole with a small drill bit which is smaller that the screw so it will self tap into the sill.
- Once you have drilled all your holes, fit your skirts and screw them in place. Use washers as this gives the skirts stability